Day 2 of #scrypthalloween outs the spotlight on my novel SOULS 4 SUPPER. Here’s an excerpt and some facts: 1) this book placed me on the top 100 author list, 2) it was published on 10/26/12 and is available in print and digital at lulu and amazon, 3) most of this #novel was inspired by experiences I have had at some point in life, 4) I wrote a scene so terrifying that I actually freaked myself out while #writing it. 5) Atlantis, Joan of Arc, Aladdin’s Lamp, Pandora’s Box, JFK, the Tower of Babel, and Veronica Berenice Allred’s all of the historical or mythological elements that play a role in the plot. #authorsofinstagram #book #bestseller #ghosts #haunted #halloween.
ON THE 4TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE SENT TO ME… 4 Lost Souls…
3 werewolves, 2 vampires, and zombies in a story.
My novel SOULS 4 SUPPER and its spinoff short GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS were both commercial successes for me. I finally got the knack of writing a compelling and intriguing story at this point to paint a clear picture of where I wanted to go. Depicted at the right is a pic that has been circling media and internet for years. There’s definitely something strange going on in it. Do you think this could be a spirit or is it just an odd exposure from the camera?
Order a copy for yourself or a friend. If you want personalized copies then shoot me an email (Rickpipito@hotmail.com), otherwise they can be purchased in print or digital at Lulu.com or on Amazon.
Day 22 of #scrypthalloween shows my PANDORA’S CHAOS TRILOGY. @dpipito did the cover, which shows a statue with mechanical parts, angel feathers and demon wings, and my version of Pandora’s Box in the center of its chest with an escaping vapor of a soul. The #book includes the #novels: SOULS 4 SUPPER, DEVIL’S DESSERT, and TECHNO FEAST as well as the spinoff short stories: GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS, DEMONIC ENTITIES, and VIRAL UPGRADES plus a teaser for the follow up novel.
It is available in print and digital at Lulu, Amazon and Barnes and Noble sites…
official description: Three novels from one of the most fascinating horror series are now together for the first time in one collection. In SOULS 4 SUPPER Gordon Lightcap, Moira Donatelli, & their team of specialists race to prevent the opening of Pandora’s Box. With the #ghosts of thousands #haunting their way into the afterlife, the team must make
sacrifices while attempting to not lose their own lives in the process. DEVIL’S DESSERT takes the team on a new mission to save humanity. They must seek out the truth in order to survive. Where will the human race stand when the ancient battle between #Heaven & #Hell comes to a front on earth itself? TECHNO FEAST takes the threat to a whole new level. A super computer has upgraded itself & taken control of every networked system on earth. Friends must unite with enemies to win back their own creations. The only team capable of destroying the Network Entity are separated and targeted for eradication. They must find a way to victory in this final battle.
Day 7 of #scrypthalloween takes a look at my novel SOULS 4 SUPPER. This was the first book I won awards for and it placed me in the top 25 list of authors. The cover art by @dpipito depicts my version of Pandora’s Box. A majority of the plot revolves around the lost city of Atlantis…
official description: A new beginning has been granted to all humanity. After finding the Garden of Eden, illness and disease have been eradicated. Order has been restored, but when a decisio…n is made to seek out balance, the quest to find chaos begins. As a damned soul struggles to make his return, Gordon Lightcap and his allies race to the lost city of Atlantis. Will they arrive in time to prevent the opening of the legendary Pandora’s Box? What dangers do they face and who can they trust?
Novel is available in print and digital formats at Lulu.com and Amazon, as well as part of the Pandora’s Chaos Trilogy at Barnes and Noble.
On this past Friday the 13th I released a trailer for the Pandora’s Chaos trilogy. It was a fitting date to do so, and here it is.
Pandora’s Chaos is a collection that includes the novels: SOULS 4 SUPPER, DEVIL’S DESSERT, & TECHNO FEAST.
Also included are the novelized versions of the spinoff stories: GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS, DEMONIC ENTITIES, & FINAL UPGRADE.
Bonus content includes 3 new short stories that exist in the same world & a look at what’s to come.
To round out the trilogy of trailers I’ve done, here’s the one for SOULS 4 SUPPER. I’ll be working on more with different approaches for the novels I haven’t done a trailer for yet. Enjoy and share!
The following is a compilation of some of the most frequently asked questions I’ve received from people in reference to my PANDORA’S CHAOS TRILOGY. I figured it was time to post them up as the next book will be ready soon. Enjoy and feel free to ask any additional questions in the comments below. 🙂
Q: How does this trilogy stand out from the last?
Rick: Like the Star Wars saga, I tend to think of this as a starting point for newcomers to my work. Books 4-6 are really well written in comparison to the original three because of what there was to work with. It is a lot easier to be more creative with ghosts, demons and technology (the focuses of the novels in Pandora’s Chaos), than it is with zombies, vampires and werewolves (books 1-3 in the Eden’s order trilogy). I wrote it in a way that anyone can jump in from this as a starting point and when it grabs their attention there would be two reactions. If the reader enjoys what they see here, then it will not only compel them to want to see what happens in the next trilogy, but also what happened before book 4 that established this world.
Q: Are you always writing in trilogies?
Rick: I think that is the most logical approach, yes. I’ve always loved a good series. The problem is finding a part for people to start. Someone might get turned off if they find out there are multiple books and they’re already 6 novels behind. The purpose of trilogy writing is multiple… I can focus on a new antagonist throughout, and have separate threats that are secondary antagonists in each novel. Sure you can read just any individual novel of it, but it really feels fuller with all three. I won’t always write in trilogies, but for this it seems fair.
Q: Where will the next trilogy take us then?
Rick: Into the future. There is a twenty five year gap between books 6 and 7 in order to introduce a mostly new cast. The past novels have happened and there will be references, but only when necessary. GENETIC MORSELS is going to enable me to do more creatively while building on an already existing world, and yet keeping it fresh and new.
Q: What is your take on Pandora’s Box and the whole Atlantis angle you’ve included?
Rick: Without giving too much away Atlantis has always been fascinating to me. There is so much that we don’t know about the history of mankind and I wanted to touch on that. I believe that every legend begins with a certain truth. My own ideas for stories are based on realistic things that have occurred in my own lifetimes, so incorporating that with the past really gives me a lot of working room. There had to be something opposite to the order established with the Garden of Eden in the first three novels, so when I wanted a source for chaos I immediately knew Pandora’s Box would be the thing to do just that. My take on it is completely unique to those prior, but still keeping true to what the original idea was.
Q: With your next trilogy taking place in the near future, what will you call it? What will it focus upon?
Rick: I have a few ideas about what to call the trilogy as a whole, but nothing definitive at the moment. I currently have the rights to my ideas in book 7 and book 8 which will focus on the next step in human evolution and aliens respectively.
Q: Is it impossible to tie up every loose end? There are a few characters who I wonder about their fates.
Rick: Nothing is impossible, but in order to keep new novels fresh I don’t like to include every little thing that may have gone untouched. Take the fate of Cain. I like to leave that open to the reader to have their own thoughts. It isn’t necessary for me to go back to a place I’ve already been without having really good reason. I try to eliminate the reader question of “what if?” as often as I can. Mostly there are no loose ends. Each trilogy ties it up fairly well. For those things I left open, well I reserve them for the comic book spinoffs.
Q: In the Eden’s Order Trilogy there was a timeline and the graphic novel spinoff stories as bonus content. What are the extras included in this trilogy?
Rick: As I did in EDEN, I included the novelized stories that are and will be in the comic book spinoffs, plus three new additional stories. They are all short and are just meant to be supplemental material. Instead of a timeline with this one, I included a “document” that drops a hint as to what the main antagonist (I won’t say who here) is trying to do in book 7.
Q: I understand that you won some awards for this trilogy. What was that like?
Rick: I was blown away. I received extremely positive reviews on SOULS 4 SUPPER and it took the trilogy to new heights. It moved me from non placement on the independent author chart into the top 100… then two weeks later I had been moved into the top 25 of authors. I’m still on an adrenaline rush and am so thankful for all of the feedback and people who made this possible through support and word of mouth.
Q: What is the symbolism behind the cover art?
Rick: When I approached my brother (Dan Pipito) to do the cover art, we discussed how we could represent all three book themes as well as the underlying plot of it all. The look of an ancient sculpture came to mind, with modifications. In its chest you can see what is my version of Pandora’s Box. Emanating from that is a greenish mist that represents the souls within it. If you look at the wings behind the statue one is feathered and one more like a dragonfly. This is to represent the angels and demons. Finally, the sculpture itself is very mechanical looking with seams and rivets in places, which is where the technology is represented. It is a simple piece with many complexities hidden within (much like the mysteries revealed within the books).
Q: Where can we get PANDORA’S CHAOS TRILOGY?
Rick: The trilogy as a whole can be found in print at www.lulu.com, as well as the three novels that are included in the trilogy as separate entities. You can download SOULS 4 SUPPER, DEVIL’S DESSERT, and TECHNO FEAST for the Kindle on www.amazon.com
These are stories that expand upon the novel “Souls 4 Supper.”
You’re speaking with your grandfather. It seems like forever since you have last seen him, but your conversation reminds you of being a child again. Then it dawns on you. Your grandfather has been dead for years. As you focus your eyes on him, he vanishes. His absence forces a feeling of dread as your hair stands on end.
**UPDATE: This is now available as a short story in text form in print at lulu.com and on amazon in digital as part of the Pandora’s chaos trilogy extras
Written by Rick Pipito, with featured art by: Dan Pipito, Joe Parisi, Kristie Vanderzee, Michael A Garard Jr, Jacob Greenawalt, Kelly Swann, Muhammad Nurul, Mao Estheim, and Asher Humm.
Artist Story Details:
Joe Parisi returns as a sCrypt veteran artist, and this time, he is illustrating a story about a haunted book where the pages tell the tale of its reader.
Dan Pipito goes back to his own childhood in this issue, and helps to tell the tale of old man Butsy, who murdered his wife. Her spirit will not be happy.
Kelly Swann brilliantly illustrates the story of Djinn, a spirit trapped within a lamp, whose magical wishes are not all that the wisher desires.
Michael A Garard Jr is a newcomer whose art is featured in two stories. The first of which tells about the lost souls and their connection to heaven and hell. The other story takes the main character to a graveyard to investigate why the spirits there are so angry.
Kristie Vanderzee returns by showing us the ghost town of Atlantis after it has risen from the depths of the ocean.
Jacob Greenawalt illustrates a sequel story from issue #1. Detective Hwong has had a near death experience leaving her with the ability to see the ghosts of the dead.
Asher Humm had a one issue hiatus, but is back to show just how close to the spirit realm we travel while sleeping.
Mao Estheim comes at us from Japan with her Mangaesque style in a haunting that may just be a hoax after all.
Muhammad Nurul resides in Great Britain, but this Indonesian native draws the story of a child whose imaginary friend is more than just in his mind.
Souls 4 Supper: Ghostly Hauntings is TM and © Rick Pipito. All rights reserved.
Aaaannnd in another halloween related post, a haunting from Rick Pipito’s 4th novel, Souls 4 Supper, has been read on the latest Think About This podcast episode. You can of course listen through the Stitcher network, Itunes, facebook, or the podcast site, linked on the name above. Check it out for a ghostly tale, free for your listening pleasure. Feedback greatly appreciated.
My fourth novel, “Souls 4 Supper,” and its comic book spinoff, “Ghostly Hauntings” center around the topic of death and the afterlife. The stakes are upped for all of the protagonists as the deal with ghostly entities. What kind of ghosts are we talking? All kinds. As with my other novels, i attempted to incorporate all variations of lore and bring about something new, where it can all coexist.
My ghost and spirit world breakdown is as follows in my books…
1) Seeing the dead: Some people with near death experiences survive only to be able to communicate with the lost souls of the dead. They are forever tormented unless they find a way to release each lost soul into the afterlife.
2) Ghost Towns: More than just myths and urban legends, if an entire city’s residents were to die from some tragic event, and their souls are unable to find their way to the afterlife, then their ghostly remnants are left behind to wander. Unfortunately over millennium, they begin to lose their minds, so while some ghosts have purpose, most wander aimlessly, unaware of their former existence or the need to find final rest.
3) Djinns (Genies): These are people who have done something so wrong, that their spirits are forced inside a magical object. The longer their spirits remain, the more powerful they become. However, their powers come at a cost, as it is unpredictable to how their final usage will appear.
4) Children: Up until the age of 5, most human children are able to see ghostly apparitions. They often giggle, and interact with what us adults perceive as them having imaginary friends. In reality, the children aren’t imagining anything.
5) Hoaxes: Many ghostly reports are false. Some people thrive on scaring others by creating spectres, photographs, and tall tales to create the urban haunting legends.
6) Ghosts trying to communicate: Some spirits are trapped here with a purpose. They will not rest until their murderer is discovered. Often these ghosts move objects in our world to try to leave clues for us to find. These spirits often become angered, and frustrated at our lack of perception.
7) Catching Ghosts: Ghosts can be captured by linking the four planes of existence. There is Heaven, Hell, Earth, and the spirit realm. By disrupting these planes with extreme emotion, it is possible to summon a spirit here or make it visible. Then it can be contained through certain uses of EMF (Electromagnetic Frequencies).
8) Dreaming: When we dream, our souls have the ability to leave our bodies. In this state, our spirits travel to different places, times, possible futures, and alternate realities. The reason that we cannot often recall these dreams is because the human brain can’t fully process this type of travel. Our souls are fully aware of what happens even though we may not.
9) Reincarnation: If you were to die, would you come back as someone else? Depending on whether you repent for your misdeeds or are honored for your heroism, tells how those can return. Not everyone is reincarnated. Only a few are given this chance.
10) Famous Encounters: Traveling spirits take a look closely at events throughout history. Veronica Beranice wiping Jesus’ face, Joan of Arc, JFK’s assassination, The Tower of Babel, The Rosetta Stone, Hua Mulan, Bonnie and Clyde, and Atlantis are some of these seen closer in Souls 4 Supper.
11) Pandora’s Box: This fabled box is in fact shaped like a pyramid. Its contents, if opened will spew forth chaotic realms. It acts as a gateway for souls to enter to the afterlife, or something more powerful to exit into our world. Chaos comes in many spiritual forms. It all depends on who opens it.
12) Book of Knowledge: This haunted book will be different for every reader. Its spiritual essence, born of the tree of Knowledge from the Garden of Eden, will gaze into one’s soul and biography their life.
13) Possession: Some spirits are friendly, while others are quite the opposite. When two souls inhabit the same body, an internal struggle begins. Only the most powerful and willing soul will become the dominant entity.
14) Ectoplasm: Ghosts powerful enough to exist in this world will leave behind a gooey residue. This residue will evaporate however in direct sunlight or bright light, which makes analyzing it a difficult task.
15) Wraiths: Wraiths are vampires that die and are unable to pass on to the afterlife. These immortal beings are strengthened and able to return to the real world if they consume enough powerful souls to empower them.
Without going too far into detail, those are some of the ghostly entities in my books. For this round, we enjoyed the bottle of wine shown above. You’ll notice that the comic book cover is in a picture frame. That is because at this moment of posting this, I am still awaiting my final proof copy of the issue. It’s all the same. Here are some of our favorite ghostly things not related to our own creations…
Rick’s favorite video game involving ghosts is Silent Hill. His favorite ghost movie is the Sixth Sense. His favorite ghostly character is DC comics’ Deadman. One of his favorite ghostly books is Philadelphia Ghost Stories by Charles J Adams III.
Dan’s favorite video game involving ghosts is Soul Reaver. His favorite movie about ghosts is Ghostbusters. Lloyd the bartender from The Shining is Dan’s best ghost of the year. Shakespeare’s Macbeth is Dan’s favorite ghostly book.
What are your favorites? Are you a ghost story fan? Grab yourself a copy of “Souls 4 Supper” the novel. It is available at www.lulu.com in softback book and on www.amazon.com for the Kindle. Also, the spinoff comic book “Souls 4 Supper: Ghostly Hauntings” is available for purchase at www.indyplanet.com. Help support our soul sucking.
“Souls 4 Supper” and its spinoff are (C) 2012 by Rick Pipito. Stay tuned for our demon spotlight…
Available in softback for $7.99 at www.lulu.com
For the Kindle it is available for $3.99 at www.amazon.com
Written by Rick Pipito; Cover art by Dan Pipito
A new beginning has been granted to all humanity. After finding the Garden of Eden, illness and disease have been eradicated. Order has been restored, but when a decision is made to seek out balance, the quest to find chaos begins. As a damned soul struggles to make his return, Gordon Lightcap and his allies race to the lost city of Atlantis. Will they arrive in time to prevent the opening of the legendary Pandora’s Box? What dangers do they face and who can they trust?
Join humanity in a plot that intertwines ten short stories of ghosty hauntings and revelations. This is the world of “The Eternal Hunger Saga”
** This is Book one of a new trilogy, but book 4 of a series. If you have not read the first 3, then don’t worry, you can start here. Previous books in this series include: “Flesh And Leftovers,” “Blood, The Second Helping,” and “Bones At Breakfast”. **