A new trailer is up for my short story spinoffs.
From top 25 author, Rick Pipito, comes 9 short spinoff stories from the award winning Eternal Hunger Saga. Each book expands upon the world created in the novels. Existing fans and newcomers will love what is brought to life here.
The novels and short stories are available at lulu.com in print. On Amazon the novels are in digital, and the shorts are in the trilogy collections.
Feel free to contact Rick on social media @rickpipito or email email@example.com
Thanks to Dan Pipito for the artwork, and Roberta Pipito for cover assistance.
The novels are: FLESH AND LEFTOVERS, BLOOD THE SECOND HELPING, BONES AT BREAKFAST, SOULS 4 SUPPER, DEVIL’S DESSERT, TECHNO FEAST, GENETIC MORSELS, PLANET ATE, and DEVOURED UNIVERSE.
The Short stories are: ZOMBIE INCIDENTS, LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE, IN CASE OF WEREWOLF, GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS, DEMONIC ENTITIES, VIRAL UPGRADES, EVOLVED MUTATIONS, ALIEN ENCOUNTERS, and COSMIC ORBITS
More info is at http://www.scryptcomics.com
Today sees the release of my short story COSMIC ORBITS. It’s the spinoff of my novel DEVOURED UNIVERSE, and covers some ground that just wouldn’t fit in the main story. These 36 pages were written with a fan request in mind. The Network Entity is back, and it’s set its sights on something new. Is humanity safe?
You gaze at the night sky and see something move. Wondering what is out there keeps you awake at night. Countless forms of life are between you and the farthest star, but there’s also something else. It watches and gathers information, growing more powerful along the way.
COSMIC ORBITS is available at lulu.com in print. It will also be available in the upcoming release of the BEYOND HUMAN trilogy in digital form on Amazon.com.
ALIEN ENCOUNTERS is the short story spinoff of my novel PLANET ATE. Looking at the cover, you may feel as though the cover is familiar. That’s because you probably have at least in some way. I took a public domain image of an alien looking through a window. Its a supposedly leaked image from FBI files of an extraterrestrial here on Earth; at least that is according to conspiracy theorists. By passing the image through a negative filter, and then making it slightly pixelated, I figured it’d make a good cover for a book wrapped in conspiracy.
Beneath the title I added an eye and pyramid to represent the all seeing eye, Illuminati, and secret organizations involved with hiding the truth or trying to expose it.
Here’s the description: A phone call from a friend leaves you frantic. He claimed to have uncovered a conspiracy that could get him killed. His final words were, “I’ve seen them. We aren’t alone,” right before the line went dead. Whoever intercepted the call may now have you in their sight.
ALIEN ENCOUNTERS is now available in print on Lulu.com and is available as part of the BEYOND HUMAN TRILOGY extras download on Amazon. Or the whole trilogy in print.
New release day! EVOLVED MUTATIONS is a short story expansion of my novel GENETIC MORSELS. For the cover I took a close up picture of each of my family member’s eyes. From top left clockwise it is my son, me, my daughter, and my wife. After passing them through some filters and adding a hint of power in each of their eyes we were able to convey a pretty fun, yet enticing look.
Think about this: One morning you wake with a tingling sensation in your spine. Your veins feel as though they have a river of fire flowing through them. You scream out in agony as the change takes over, and suddenly realize you’re on fire. The fire doesn’t burn you, but it incinerates all around you. You panic, but are not alone. Your generation has had its DNA altered. The possibilities are both frightening and promising.
EVOLVED MUTATIONS is available at http://www.lulu.com/shop/rick-pipito/evolved-mutations-a-genetic-morsels-accessory/paperback/product-22864378.html
It will be part of the upcoming Beyond Human Trilogy release as well.
You pray, but something within you screams out. Your conscience flees, leaving you alone with your vices. No longer can you control your actions as the evil emerges. The demon has arrived, and none are safe.
Although it’s available in my Pandora’s Chaos Trilogy, the spinoff of my novel DEVIL’S DESSERT is now released separately. You can get a copy of DEMONIC ENTITIES here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/rick-pipito/demonic-entities-a-devils-dessert-accessory/paperback/product-22861924.html
in print, or on Amazon with the Pandora’s Chaos Trilogy extras.
The cover was designed by myself with the help of Roberta Pipito of http://www.homemadedelish.com. If you look in the flames there are specific shapes and outlines that resemble faces and dancing fiery figures. This was a combination of multiple pictures I took of my fire pit that melted together quite well.
You’re speaking with your grandfather. It seems like forever since you have last seen him, but your conversation reminds you of being a child again. Then it dawns on you. Your grandfather has been dead for years. As you focus your eyes on him, he vanishes. His absence forces a feeling of dread as your hair stands on end.
#scrypthalloween continues with GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS. This spinoff of my novel Souls 4 Supper, was the last graphic novel we published at sCrypt. It is now available in short story text form as well, so for the rerelease you can grab a copy in print at lulu.com or on Amazon as part of the Pandora’s Chaos Trilogy download.
What’s your favorite ghost related item, story, or topic? Post on social media and hashtag #scrypthalloween for a chance to win one of my novels. The more posts the better.
Have you posted something for #scrypthalloween yet? There are giveaways for those who do. Day 8 continues with the #werewolf theme. For it I’m announcing a revised release of IN CASE OF WEREWOLF. This spinoff from my Bones At Breakfast novel was originally done in graphic comic book form. Now it’s available in text form as a short story on Lulu.com in print, or on Amazon for Kindle in the Eden’s Order Trilogy download.
Do your bones ache? Does your instinct sometimes prevail over rational thought? When night descends, do you feel “different”? If any of these are your symptoms, then you are not alone. You may have contracted lycanthropy, and when the moon rises, your inner beast will emerge.
Originally available in comic book form, I’m happy to announce that a text version of LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE is now available in standard print format at Lulu.com, as well as for the Kindle on Amazon in the EDEN’S ORDER TRILOGY.
LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE is a short story spinoff of my novel (Blood, The Second Helping), and expands upon the characters and stories going on in the novel.
You are alone with someone you just met. You hit it off and lean in to kiss that person, only to realize that their teeth are now two inch fangs. Your “friend” is a vampire thirsting for your blood.
This post is part of my 31 days of #Scrypthalloween, and you can be a part of it by posting something you like as well. The best posts from each day will win giveaways. Check the previous posts, and the chart below to know what to post each day. It can be anything from topic related books, movies, food, drink, toys, hobbies, or anything you can think of. Tag me in your posts @rickpipito. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Part 2 of the Zombie theme in a month of #scrypthalloween is my spinoff short ZOMBIE INCIDENTS. After the success of FLESH AND LEFTOVERS, I wrote ten short stories for the graphic novel spinoff. Now for the first time the stories are available in a text quick read release version only at http://www.lulu.com/shop/rick-pipito/zombie-incidents-a-flesh-and-leftovers-accessory/paperback/product-22861751.html
Make sure to post your #scrypthalloween favorite picks for a chance to win any number of giveaways this month.
Hey folks, just wanted to say that I apologize for the lack of posting as of lately. Things have been hectic and my projects have all piled up. So with that being said, I’ve been throwing around the idea of making this a more sCrypt comics oriented site. Does this mean I will not be doing posts involving other works? NO… I plan to continue doing that, but on a more laid back level. Here’s my idea for the future of this site:
1) I will continue (as I mentioned) doing reviews of certain comic books, comic book movies, and my crossover character versus battles. These will just be fewer in frequency.
2) Artist of the Month selections will never go away. I feel that I owe it to each artist who completes something toward my works to have an Artist of the Month spot. I want to get their names and talent out there to show how great they really are.
3) sCrypt Comics graphic novels: We already have 3 published issues and a 4th coming in September 2013. These titles are available at www.indyplanet.com and I will have some previews posted of the next one soon. Please visit the “COMICS” section of this site to see which titles are available and what they are about.
4) Novels by Rick Pipito: The novels and books that are the reason sCrypt Comics exists are becoming more impressive each time, and the fans love them. They are a series yes, but not all are required for reading, as they each deal with something different. In other words, if you don’t like zombies, then go to book 2 and read about my vampires or choose another topic. The plan is to never do the same thing twice in novel form. These books can be purchased in print at www.lulu.com as well as www.amazon.com for the kindle.
5) A new comic strip has been in the works for two months now, and we are about to release the first one within the next week. It will be a “sCrypt Comics Presents:” title and will stray quite a bit from our normal horror oriented works. This will be a family friendly comic strip that will be enjoyable and funny. Here’s the best part… it’s free for everyone. I will post them up here on this site for your viewing pleasure and feedback. Our first series will be entitled: “The Adventures of Munchies and Deedoos.” More details will be released in the coming days as well, and we are looking for artists who may be interested in presenting their talent toward one of the many written stories for this series.
6) Books in the works: “TECHNO FEAST” is the next installment in the Flesh and Leftovers series, and it strays far from the format that began it all. There will still be ten short stories that tie into the overall plot, and if you want a teaser I’ll say this…. No one is safe from cyberspace. This book will wrap up my second trilogy, and pave way for a third trilogy that will take place decades later… Basically an all new cast of characters will be introduced for the next trilogy which will give it a fresh feel. Of course, there are other novels planned out in addition to this, but Techno Feast is my main concentration right now.
7) Comics in the works: Following next month’s release of “S4S: Ghostly Hauntings” we will take a month break and get right into finding artists for our next graphic novel, which will be a spinoff of book 5 and involve Angels, demons, Heaven and Hell. If you are an artist interested in being a part of this, please feel free to contact me. The spots fill quickly, and it is a first come first serve basis.
8) other online freebies: I placed my M.U.T.S. (Military Underground Tactical Specialists) Files spinoff series on the back burner for a little bit, but I plan to work that into early 2014. These will be a series of short stories that will be published on this site, and will feature a single sketch by selected artists to accompany my story. Occasional contests will continue as well for opportunities to win autographed copies of my works and more.
9) Other goals: I’ve got a lot of great things in the works in addition to these, I’m just sorry that I can’t spill them all now. In addition to my novels and the sCrypt Comics graphic novels, I am cohost to a fun and humorous podcast called THINK ABOUT THIS. We can be downloaded for free from itunes as well as from our site: www.thinkaboutthis.podbean.com Please, check us out, as we touch quite a bit on what I’ve got going on as well as my wife’s rising success and fame with www.homemadedelish.com . I’ve been working alongside her each day and night to accomplish her goals, which will help with mine as well.
Finally, I want to say that if you are interested in an interview with me, my brother Dan Pipito (cofounder of sCrypt Comics) or any of the artists we’ve worked with, please email me. I’m more than happy to answer questions and have fun conversation for your site or personal inquiries. And don’t forget to review my books, comics, and podcast episodes. I try hard to spread the word about other talent out there, and would love to have feedback about my own works.
Thank you for being such great followers. I can’t wait for the next big thing that I get to share with you all.
Available in softback for $7.99 at www.lulu.com
For the Kindle it is available for $3.99 at www.amazon.com
Written by Rick Pipito; Cover art by Dan Pipito
A new beginning has been granted to all humanity. After finding the Garden of Eden, illness and disease have been eradicated. Order has been restored, but when a decision is made to seek out balance, the quest to find chaos begins. As a damned soul struggles to make his return, Gordon Lightcap and his allies race to the lost city of Atlantis. Will they arrive in time to prevent the opening of the legendary Pandora’s Box? What dangers do they face and who can they trust?
Join humanity in a plot that intertwines ten short stories of ghosty hauntings and revelations. This is the world of “The Eternal Hunger Saga”
** This is Book one of a new trilogy, but book 4 of a series. If you have not read the first 3, then don’t worry, you can start here. Previous books in this series include: “Flesh And Leftovers,” “Blood, The Second Helping,” and “Bones At Breakfast”. **
These are stories that expand upon the novel “Bones At Breakfast.”
Do your bones ache? Does your instinct sometimes prevail over rational thought? When night descends, do you feel “different”? If any of these are your symptoms, then you are not alone. You may have contracted lycanthropy, and when the moon rises, your inner beast will emerge. This is the third graphic installment in the world of “Flesh And Leftovers,” where cases of werewolves will shatter your bones. Ten talented artists bring one author’s stories to life in this spinoff of the novel “Bones At Breakfast.
** UPDATE: This is now available as a text short story in print at lulu.com or in digital form as part of the Eden’s Order Trilogy Extras at Amazon
Written by Rick Pipito, with featured art by: Dan Pipito, Joe Parisi, Scott Modrzynski, Ivy Duffy, Kristie Vanderzee, Ken Hensley, Michael Coppolecchia, Jacob Greenawalt, Sakura Jones, and Kelly Swann.
Artist Story Details:
Joe Parisi returns as a sCrypt veteran artist, and this time, he is illustrating the journal of a man in search of the Abominable Snowman. He soon finds out that this creature is not what most people think it is.
Scott Modrzynski takes photography and art to a whole new level in a truly Beautiful and Beastly tale.
Ivy Duffy brings her talent to this issue by showing how animal instincts can take over a man in order to survive being shipwrecked on an island.
Dan Pipito’s watercolor takes us to an alternate future in a dilapidated Philadelphia, where a Lycan queen is hunted by human resistance.
Kristie Vanderzee takes us on a journey through Russia’s underground subways as a rogue soldier gives in to his new werewolf appetite.
Ken Hensley shows us the true story of the historical “Moonlight Battle.” An ancient wolfman turns the tides of this revolutionary event.
Michael Coppolecchia, a veteran Marvel Comics artist, truly channels a native American Indian’s animal spirit as he attempts to interfere with the white man’s plans to build on his people’s ground.
Jacob Greenawalt adds his style to a story where a man cursed with changing into a wolfman during the cycles of the moon, pilots a craft to the lunar body to see why the moon has these powers over him. What would happen to a werewolf on the moon? One man is about to find out.
Sakura Jones enters the Garden Of Eden with us, and what happened once man found it again. Zombies, vampires and werewolves are cured in a healing wave that sweeps the planet.
Kelly Swann tackles Norse mythology and the story of Loki’s half human half wolf son, Fenrir.
Bones At Breakfast: In Case Of Werewolf TM and © Rick Pipito. All rights reserved.