Review: Inhumans TV series
I won’t spend much time on this because it has already sucked the life out of me. I watched every episode hoping for some pay off, but to no avail. Here’s the basic gist…
- Heroic characters who can’t use their abilities (Medusa gets her hair cut off and Blackbolt is too powerful to show his powers more than three times.)
- Other heroic characters who are not well developed (Lockjaw the dog with horrible CGI, Crystal the teenage girl who could have stopped the problem on her own, but didn’t for some reason, Gorgon the man who you never actually see his hooved legs clearly, and Triton who dies and then is suddenly not dead because of a plan that no one really knows about even when it is revealed.)
- A villain who is basically more hero than the heroes (Maximus is portrayed in just that way, so at the end it almost feels as if the bad guys have won, even though it shouldn’t)
- Karnak was enjoyable to watch, but every scene he was in felt like it brought his character down.
- Atillan, the city on the moon, was the best thing about the show and even that gets destroyed at the end.
- And the Inhumans are now on Earth, so will they cameo in Agents of SHIELD or will we forget about them entirely? If they do cameo, then I hope its done in a way to completely not refer to this show at all because I’m trying hard to forget.
I hate to be the bringer of bad news. I’m not one of those comic nerds who sit in their basement and act like keyboard warriors hating all things done. If anything I’m the opposite. I’m a fan who grew up reading this stuff and am happy to see it on screen, and most of the time forgive the “problems” others have with it all. This was the exception. It was just boring from start to finish, and had no climax at all.
This officially marks the lowest score I’ve ever given to a show or movie, and I feel a pang of guilt for doing it, but I have to be honest. I give this show a 0.5 out of 5 sCrypt ratings, and that’s only because a zero would mean I hadn’t watched it.
What did you think? Have you seen Marvel’s Inhumans? Am I being too harsh? Chime in with your comments.