To celebrate World Book Day, my novel TECHNO FEAST is available for free download on Amazon from now through this Saturday 4/27. https://www.amazon.com/Techno-Feast-Rick-Pipito-ebook/dp/B00IX4FAVO/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=techno+feast+rick+pipito&qid=1556028912&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spell
Aaaannnd in another halloween related post, a haunting from Rick Pipito’s 4th novel, Souls 4 Supper, has been read on the latest Think About This podcast episode. You can of course listen through the Stitcher network, Itunes, facebook, or the podcast site, linked on the name above. Check it out for a ghostly tale, free for your listening pleasure. Feedback greatly appreciated.
It’s that time again! Get your pens and brushes ready. We are holding a contest drawing, so spread the word. The winner will get a personalized autographed copy of one of Rick Pipito’s novels or a sCrypt comics graphic novel (winner’s choice of either.) There are multiple ways to enter in the drawing.
1) Follow us here, on Twitter @rickpipito, and/or on facebook www.facebook.com/fleshandleftovers. Then let us know. (the more places you follow us will give you extra chances to win.)
2) create a fan fiction horror piece short story. This cannot exceed 1,000 words. (We will post this story with credit to you on our site) (Extra chances are gained if this is a fanfiction piece revolving around one of Rick’s novel stories)
3) submit a piece or multiple pieces of artwork to be displayed with credit to you on our site. Art must be in the theme of one of the novels by Rick Pipito. (Zombies, Vampires, Ghosts, Werewolves, or Angels/Demons) (Extra chances are gained if it is fan art of one of the characters or scenes from the novels)
4) show us your Halloween costume (it has to be the same theme as in number 3 above). (Extra chances awarded if it is a character from the novels or comics by Rick Pipito)
The contest will end on Halloween (October 31st 2013). Then a winner will be drawn. Winner will be contacted via email with information on how to claim your prize. Spread the word and have fun!
Prize choices include the novels: “FLESH AND LEFTOVERS”, “BLOOD THE SECOND HELPING”, “BONES AT BREAKFAST”, “SOULS 4 SUPPER,” “DEVIL’S DESSERT”, “NO, IT’S NOT. YES IT IS: ARGUMENTS”. sCrypt Comics issues include: “ZOMBIE INCIDENTS”, “LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE”, “IN CASE OF WEREWOLF”, “GHOSTLY HAUNTINGS”
*Remember, you can enter as many times as you’d like based on the above rules.
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY BY COMMENTING HERE OR EMAILING ME AT email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT “HALLOWEEN DRAWING”
Hey folks, just wanted to say that I apologize for the lack of posting as of lately. Things have been hectic and my projects have all piled up. So with that being said, I’ve been throwing around the idea of making this a more sCrypt comics oriented site. Does this mean I will not be doing posts involving other works? NO… I plan to continue doing that, but on a more laid back level. Here’s my idea for the future of this site:
1) I will continue (as I mentioned) doing reviews of certain comic books, comic book movies, and my crossover character versus battles. These will just be fewer in frequency.
2) Artist of the Month selections will never go away. I feel that I owe it to each artist who completes something toward my works to have an Artist of the Month spot. I want to get their names and talent out there to show how great they really are.
3) sCrypt Comics graphic novels: We already have 3 published issues and a 4th coming in September 2013. These titles are available at www.indyplanet.com and I will have some previews posted of the next one soon. Please visit the “COMICS” section of this site to see which titles are available and what they are about.
4) Novels by Rick Pipito: The novels and books that are the reason sCrypt Comics exists are becoming more impressive each time, and the fans love them. They are a series yes, but not all are required for reading, as they each deal with something different. In other words, if you don’t like zombies, then go to book 2 and read about my vampires or choose another topic. The plan is to never do the same thing twice in novel form. These books can be purchased in print at www.lulu.com as well as www.amazon.com for the kindle.
5) A new comic strip has been in the works for two months now, and we are about to release the first one within the next week. It will be a “sCrypt Comics Presents:” title and will stray quite a bit from our normal horror oriented works. This will be a family friendly comic strip that will be enjoyable and funny. Here’s the best part… it’s free for everyone. I will post them up here on this site for your viewing pleasure and feedback. Our first series will be entitled: “The Adventures of Munchies and Deedoos.” More details will be released in the coming days as well, and we are looking for artists who may be interested in presenting their talent toward one of the many written stories for this series.
6) Books in the works: “TECHNO FEAST” is the next installment in the Flesh and Leftovers series, and it strays far from the format that began it all. There will still be ten short stories that tie into the overall plot, and if you want a teaser I’ll say this…. No one is safe from cyberspace. This book will wrap up my second trilogy, and pave way for a third trilogy that will take place decades later… Basically an all new cast of characters will be introduced for the next trilogy which will give it a fresh feel. Of course, there are other novels planned out in addition to this, but Techno Feast is my main concentration right now.
7) Comics in the works: Following next month’s release of “S4S: Ghostly Hauntings” we will take a month break and get right into finding artists for our next graphic novel, which will be a spinoff of book 5 and involve Angels, demons, Heaven and Hell. If you are an artist interested in being a part of this, please feel free to contact me. The spots fill quickly, and it is a first come first serve basis.
8) other online freebies: I placed my M.U.T.S. (Military Underground Tactical Specialists) Files spinoff series on the back burner for a little bit, but I plan to work that into early 2014. These will be a series of short stories that will be published on this site, and will feature a single sketch by selected artists to accompany my story. Occasional contests will continue as well for opportunities to win autographed copies of my works and more.
9) Other goals: I’ve got a lot of great things in the works in addition to these, I’m just sorry that I can’t spill them all now. In addition to my novels and the sCrypt Comics graphic novels, I am cohost to a fun and humorous podcast called THINK ABOUT THIS. We can be downloaded for free from itunes as well as from our site: www.thinkaboutthis.podbean.com Please, check us out, as we touch quite a bit on what I’ve got going on as well as my wife’s rising success and fame with www.homemadedelish.com . I’ve been working alongside her each day and night to accomplish her goals, which will help with mine as well.
Finally, I want to say that if you are interested in an interview with me, my brother Dan Pipito (cofounder of sCrypt Comics) or any of the artists we’ve worked with, please email me. I’m more than happy to answer questions and have fun conversation for your site or personal inquiries. And don’t forget to review my books, comics, and podcast episodes. I try hard to spread the word about other talent out there, and would love to have feedback about my own works.
Thank you for being such great followers. I can’t wait for the next big thing that I get to share with you all.