ON THE SECOND DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE SENT TO ME, 2 VAMPIRES…
…and zombies in a story.
Cain and Lilith are just the beginning of the vampire lineage in BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING. This novel and its spinoff LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE are the perfect gift for any fan of the lore and historical events. Artwork shown at the right was done by Dan Pipito for the graphic novel version of the spinoff.
There’s still time to order a copy of one of my books for yourself or a friend for the holidays. If you want personalized copies then shoot me an email (Rickpipito@hotmail.com), otherwise they can be purchased in print or digital at Lulu.com or on Amazon.
Day 21 of #scrypthalloween shows the cover of my EDEN’S ORDER TRILOGY sans text. @dpipito did the art which depicts a tree that represents the tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden, but has hints of skin, blood, and bones to signify each novel within. This collection consists of the novels: FLESH AND LEFTOVERS, BLOOD THE SECOND HELPING, and BONES AT BREAKFAST. It also contains the spinoff short stories: ZOMBIE INCIDENTS, LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE, and IN CASE OF WEREWOLF, as well as a timeline of events.
It is available in print at lulu.com and Barnes and Noble sites, as well as in digital at Amazon…
Official description: In FLESH AND LEFTOVERS Gordon Lightcap and Moira Donatelli recruit survivors of #zombie incidents in preparation for something much more sinister.
BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING takes the two on separate paths. Gordon seeks answers, assisted by an old flame. As they scour the globe in search of #vampire legends, Moira has aligned herself with Cain, but her goals are in question. BONES AT BREAKFAST places Gordon and Moira reluctantly working for the Russian military. Cases of #werewolf activity become obstacles in stopping Cain from finding the Garden of Eden.
Day 3 of #scrypthalloween takes a look at my #novel BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING. The cover art here (sans text) by @dpipito hides some of the plot in its colors. This was originally planned as a sequel to another book idea, but after the success of F&L it made more sense to do a #vampire #book. My villain Cain is a many fan favorite, as well as how I incorporated real historical events into the narrative. It’s available in print and digital forms at Lulu.com and Amazon, as well… as part of the Eden’s Order trilogy at those markets and Barnes and Noble. …….
official description: Gordon Lightcap and his group of unique specialists race against time to stop the coming apocalypse. Cain, the world’s first vampire, and his House of Twelve, have waited an eternity to put this world changing plan into motion. At the center of these two sides is one woman with two identities. Her human persona of Moira Donatelli, has left clues to assist Gordon in his quest, while her vampire identity, Lilith the Deceiver, has helped Cain back to power. Both men must fight for their survival as well as the woman they love.
Just in time for Halloween I decided to talk about the history of vampires. Many people believe Bram Stoker created the vampire legend, but was the person he based Dracula on really a bad guy? Who really was the first vampire? Do vampires really exist? These questions and more are answered in episode 16 of #thinksipwrite.
I also talk about what inspired me to write my novel BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING, and its spinoff short story LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE.
Originally available in comic book form, I’m happy to announce that a text version of LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE is now available in standard print format at Lulu.com, as well as for the Kindle on Amazon in the EDEN’S ORDER TRILOGY.
LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE is a short story spinoff of my novel (Blood, The Second Helping), and expands upon the characters and stories going on in the novel.
You are alone with someone you just met. You hit it off and lean in to kiss that person, only to realize that their teeth are now two inch fangs. Your “friend” is a vampire thirsting for your blood.
This post is part of my 31 days of #Scrypthalloween, and you can be a part of it by posting something you like as well. The best posts from each day will win giveaways. Check the previous posts, and the chart below to know what to post each day. It can be anything from topic related books, movies, food, drink, toys, hobbies, or anything you can think of. Tag me in your posts @rickpipito. Feel free to ask me any questions.
#scrypthalloween continues with day 4 bringing in vampires. My second novel, BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING, mixes legend with historical events. Gordon Lightcap and his newly formed team of agents must solve riddles that date back to ancient Egypt, uncover artifacts, and track down the man behind the vampire threat before his vision of a new world comes to order.
BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING is available at Amazon in digital form, and in print at Lulu.com.
Make sure to take part in my 31 days of #scrypthalloween. The best posts from each day will win giveaways. Check the previous posts, and the chart below to know what to post each day. It can be anything from topic related books, movies, food, drink, toys, hobbies, or anything you can think of. Tag me in your posts @rickpipito. Feel free to ask me any questions.
- Cover art depicted is by Dan Pipito
King Arthur and the legends surrounding him are the topic of this episode. I take a look at how he comes into my books as well.
Thanks to St Petersburg Vodka for joining me in this episode.
http://www.stpetersburgvodka.com and on social media @stpetersburgvodka
Zombies, Vampires, & Werewolves are the three threats in the Eden’s Order Trilogy. Here’s a trailer I did for the collection, which is available on Lulu and Amazon.
The Trilogy contains the novels: FLESH AND LEFTOVERS, BLOOD THE SECOND HELPING, BONES AT BREAKFAST… plus the graphic novel stories from: ZOMBIE INCIDENTS, LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE, and IN CASE OF WEREWOLF.
There’s also bonus content including 3 extra short stories in the same universe & a timeline.
31 Days of Halloween: Day 4 is here and we bring the best of all three previous days together.
THE EDEN’S ORDER TRILOGY contains FLESH AND LEFTOVERS, BLOOD THE SECOND HELPING, & the BONES AT BREAKFAST novels. Like a boxed set, I wanted to include some extras, so also within are the novelized versions (without pictures) of the comic book spinoffs: ZOMBIE INCIDENTS, LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE, & IN CASE OF WEREWOLF.
So why is it called that name? Well without giving too much away, the Garden of Eden becomes the central focus of what this trilogy is building to. The antagonist, Cain, believes that finding this lost place will bring his type of order to the planet, while the protagonists feel that the unknown is too risky.
The Garden of Eden was supposed to have been a place of pure nirvana. We didn’t have to work for our food, and life was eternal. Our mistake banned us from there, but what happened to Eden? It had to be somewhere on earth right? And if we found it again, then would the peace and order become ours again?
A problem that is often found with the “truth” is that often the facts lead to more questions, so regardless of what happens as a result of such an action, there would be more that comes with it. Zombies, vampires and werewolves are the focus of the first three novels, but the underlying plot as a whole all boils down to this place. It puts in question everything we know and think we know. Getting people to think of the “what ifs” regardless of their beliefs or lack thereof, was my goal.
Open your mind with THE EDEN’S ORDER TRILOGY, available through links on the right of this page. *Note: on Amazon, the kindle version ONLY contains the extras that you wouldn’t get from buying the novels separately. I did this for those fans who had already purchased the books but wanted the whole saga without rebuying them.
For Day #2 in my 31 Days of Halloween series, I figured I’d focus on my second novel. This time I’ll share some historical events that I tied into BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING. How do vampires fit into human history? What events were they directly involved with? Is our history as true as we are taught? Here’s a list of hints toward what happens.
1) King Arthur was the first human to figure out the weakness of a vampire he encountered, so the legendary sword, Excalibur was forged from silver to be placed in the “stone,” which is not quite what legend says.
2) The Sphinx in Egypt has been a mystery for ages, but there is much more to the mystery and riddle than we know. Two vampires that ruled the land long ago had the monument built to hide something that could prove fatal to their kind.
3) Vlad “The Impaler” Tepes may not be the Dracula that Bram Stoker wrote about, but he is certainly tied closely to the man who truly is the dark vampire lord.
4) Chicago in the early 1900s was filled with heavy mob activity. Imagine that scene when a vigilante vampire begins abducting them. Tempers will rise and betrayal will ensue.
5) Wine has changed throughout history, but no one knows that wine is good for the blood more than a vampire. The longest lived vineyard in the world rises and falls.
6) The Fountain of Youth holds the key to the mysteries of why the Amazon rainforest is so vast and full of life, but the Fountain itself is a mystery. Could Abel (the world’s first victim of murder) be the answer?
7) Elizabeth Bathory’s name may make some people think of the game where you stare into the mirror and call “Bloody Mary”, but what are the true origins of that urban legend and why?
8) There’ve been numerous stories in the past thirty years about teens who actually believed they were vampires. In reality they aren’t but following the trail of one of these teens might make you see it in a different manner.
9) Various faiths tell the story of when Cain killed Abel, but what was the mark that was truly placed on Cain by God?
10) What was going on behind the lines during the most violent battle of the Russo Japanese War?
11) The CIA has been involved in many conspiracies, but there is one that has been kept a secret for over 40 years… They know about the existence of vampires and may even have employed the like in their ranks.
12) The story of Samson and Delilah is filled with betrayal, lust, and (you guessed it) a vampire.
BLOOD, THE SECOND HELPING and its spinoff graphic novel comic, LEGENDS OF VAMPIRE, are available through links on the right side of this page. Stay tuned for more 31 days of halloween, tomorrow.