Halloween Spotlight: Demons
After battling zombies, vampires, werewolves, and ghosts, my next venture for Gordon Lightcap and his allies became Demons. Now, when I say demons, I am referring to fallen angels. Therefore, I classify demons and angels into the same category. “Devil’s Dessert” is my fifth novel in the series, and its soon to be graphic spinoff “Demonic Entities”, bring a fresh take on religion and demons.
Here are the types of “demon” related things in my stories…
1) Religion and Faith: While most stories about demons and gods focus on a particular religion, my interpretation incorporates them all. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, and even Atheism are all parts of what make us human beings. Teachings from all of these exist side by side in my novels to some extent, and while Christianity is the main driving force, it does not negate or look down upon any of the others, and is only part of the puzzle.
2) God and The Devil: These supreme beings are represented as being the Yin and Yang. Lux Lucis is the name that describes the One Light. He is the beginning of all. Tehum, is the name he gave to his opposite. He created Tehum, which by name means “Darkness without Form”. They are not shown just as good and evil, but more Light and Dark.
3) Demons Generals: Tehum created seven generals, each with a vice as their strength. Each of them appears demonic in their own way. Satan is the demon of wrath. Mammon is represented by Greed. Belphagor’s power is sloth. The ever prideful Lucifer is only seconded by the lustful Asmodeus. The envious one is Leviathan, and Beezelbub is empowered by gluttony.
4) Archangels: Lux Lucis designed seven angelic generals to balance out the darkness with his light. Michael is patient, Raphael is charitable, and Metatron is diligent. Humility is represented by Azrael. Gabriel is chaste. Uriel is kind. Finally, Zadkiel, is powered by temperance. These flawless looking beings protect the Light with their gifts.
5) Nephilim: A Nephilim is a half breed. It is an androgynous (not female or male) being designed by the angels of light and the demons of darkness to scout on Earth. While the single forces of light and dark were once not permitted to interfere with humanity, the Nephilim, who goes by the name Daeva, has walked among the human race for eons.
6) Heaven: The domain of Lux Lucis and the Light’s forces. Whomever is admitted to this realm will experience paradise specific to them. The souls admitted to this realm become angels over time, and though they are not as powerful as the Archangels, they protect their paradise with every bit of their will power.
7) Hell: Tehum’s realm of darkness is a place souls do not want to be. After surviving the multiple levels of pain, anguish, and torment, all humanity becomes a void of darkness in one’s soul. They then become part of the demon army, and while not as powerful as the generals of Tehum’s army, they strive to give others the same experience as heir own… Living Hell.
8) Purgatory and Limbo: Purgatory is the bridge between Heaven and Hell, while Limbo is the space surrounding them both, which bridges the gap to the physical world.
9) Secrecy: The Knights Templar, Illuminati, and Free Masons are only some of the secretive organizations meant to protect or expose the truth behind the origins of man and more. Throughout the millennia, they have fought to do so, and yet all originate from one organization that remains a mystery even to this day.
10) Ancient Artifacts: Certain things left behind by Light or Dark influence still exist today, and they are humanity’s only hope of restoring order and maintaining balance. The Crown of Thorns, Sword of Eden, and Spear of Destiny are a few of these things that may just hold the key to our survival or doom.
11) Events and Places: The Vatican archives in Porta Di S Anna Italy, Notre Dame in Paris, and the biblical war between heaven and Hell are represented well, and there is much more than common man knows to they mysteries behind them.
12) Appearances and Manifestations: Lesser demons and angels alike have various looks about them. If they are able to initiate symbiosis with a human, that human will over time, tend to pick up some of these traits. Horns, wings, tails, shadowy presence, and halo like ambience are only some of these characteristics.
The research involved in the writing of this entry in the saga required two bottles of wine for brainstorming. Dan and I again sought out bottles that remain true to the current theme. These are pictured above with the novel, and soon the graphic novel cover will be presented as well.
Categorizing our favorites in this one was a little tricky, so we narrowed it down to anything doing with demons, angels or heaven and hell. Here are some of our fave picks.
Rick’s choice for best movie related to heaven and hell, is “This Is The End.” His favorite demon character is Ghost Rider. Although not entirely angel and demon in presence, Dan Brown’s book series featuring Robert Langdon is his favorite. For Video Games, Rick enjoys the “Doom” series.
Dan’s choice for best movie related to heaven and hell is “What Dreams may Come.” His favorite demon character is Spawn. “The Divine Comedy” (with Dante’s Inferno) is Dan’s favorite depiction of Heaven and Hell in a book. And his favorite demon related video game is the Devil May Cry series.
What are your favorites? Are you an angel or demon fan? Grab yourself a copy of “Devil’s Dessert” the novel. It is available at www.lulu.com in softback book and on www.amazon.com for the Kindle. Also, the spinoff comic book “Devil’s Dessert: Demonic Entities” will soon be available for purchase at www.indyplanet.com. Help support our Demon devouring.
“Devil’s Dessert” and its spinoff are (C) 2012 by Rick Pipito. Stay tuned for our technological spotlight…
Leave a Reply